- 2 lbs. Medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon timur (szechwan pepper)
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, chopped
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil
- Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked in cold water for at least 30 min.)
- 3 tablespoons musturd oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon musturd seeds
- 3 red chilies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-in ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon musturd oil
- ½ cup green onions, cut in 1-in. length
In a large bowl, combine shrimps with four tablespoons of lemon
juice, two tablespoons of soy sauce, one teaspoon of chili powder, one
teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, one teaspoon of timur
(szechwan pepper), one tablespoon of chopped dill weed, and four
tablespoons of musturd oil. Let marinate for four hours. Thread the
marinated shrimps into bamboo skewers; grill until cooked through.
In a blender combine cumin, coriander, musturd seeds, chilies, three cloves of garlic, ginger, and turmeric with one tablespoon of oil to yield smooth paste.
In a bowl, mix the garlic-ginger paste with the grilled shrimp, gradually pouring two tablespoons of musturd oil; toss it well to coat thoroughly. Cover and set aside for 5 min. to marinate.
To garnish, in a non-stick pan heat two tablespoons, splitter fenugreek till it turns dark. Add garlic slices and fry till light brown. Pour the oil mixture over the marinated meat. Add green onions. Toss the whole mixture well. Serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Submitted by: Tulsi Regmi