- 1.5 lbs. Lamb, trimmed, and cut into I-in. cubes
- Melted butter for basting
- Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked for at least 30 min. in cold water)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil
- 1 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 fresh red chilies
- 1 teaspoon pepper corn
- 1 teaspoon timur
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 in. ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions, cut in 1-in. length
In a blender combine all the marinating ingredients to form
marinade. In a large bowl mix lamb meat with the marinade. Marinate
for at least 6 hours.
Fire up a charcoal grill. Clean the grill surface thoroughly.
Thread the marinated lamb cubes into skewers. Do not overcrowd the
pieces. Grill the skewered lamb cubes, frequently turning and basting
with melted butter until cooked medium-rare.
Take off the grill and
brush the cooked sekuwas with butter before serving. Arrange the
sekuwas on the bed of rice pilaf and stir-fried vegetables. Sprinkle
chopped green onions over the sekuwas. Chili-cilantro chutney makes an
ideal condiment for the sekuwas.
Submitted by: Tulsi Regmi