- 1.5 lb. Chicken, black and white, cut into 1-in pieces (can also be substituted with lamb)
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 in. ginger, minced
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon musturd oil
- 1 cup green onions, cut in 1 in. length
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinammon powder
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek Salt to taste
In a large bowl combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of musturd oil,
turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat
thoroughly. In a non-stick pan heat 4 tablespoons of musturd oil.
Splitter fenugreek till it turns dark. Add cloves and fry for 15 sec.
Transfer the coated chicken to the pan, stir well to brown.
Add garlic,ginger, and red chilies. Stir-fry chicken in medium heat until cooked
through. May need water to moisten, if it starts to burn. Add green
onions and cinnamon, stir for 2 min. Adjust seasoning with salt and
pepper. Serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice, or roti.
Submitted by: Tulsi Regmi